Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why my legs hurt today

Yesterday we at Casa Nacho joined some of the Mennonite volunteers and their friends and some of the Presbyterian volunteers on a seven-hour, 10.8 mile hike up to the top of Mt. Wrightson and back. I had an absolute blast, and it was definitely worth it even though it probably put me back a week on my knee recovery. I was having trouble loading images on to this blog for some reason, so instead of doing that I posted them to this link. I hope that works.

We're at the library right now, about to head to a wine & cheese event that we've been invited to put on for some other Catholic volunteers in Tucson, I believe. Free food and drinks means we're going for sure!

Jeff


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Awesome pictures of a beautiful mountain (fantastic weather and views). I Wish I could be there with you. It remindes me a little of hiking in the Wallowa mountains in Eastern Oregon. I looked on the internet and saw that Mt Wrightson is almost 9,500 feet at the top from (about the same as some of the peaks in the Wallowas). Enjoying hearing about your journey and experiences.
    Love, Clark

    ReplyDelete