Monday, May 23, 2011

Photo of the day

Not that I will be putting up a photo every day, but I think by posting a photo and a brief explanation instead of several paragraphs, I may start posting things more regularly. That's the new plan, anyway.


The hands in this photo belong to Jen and Kaitlyn, as they were braiding dough for challah bread which we brought to my coworker's Shabbat dinner Friday night. My coworker had talked for a while about how she would like to have friends over for Shabbat (she is Jewish). When she did pick a date, I was happy that she invited me and my housemates, and even happier that all four of us could attend. It was a fun night for Casa Nacho, and it was also fun for me to hang out with a coworker outside of work. Jen decided to provide the challah, a recipe which she had made once before. The bread turned out amazing. And I'm not just saying that because Jen will read this. It was deliciously flaky on the inside, with a dark chewy glaze on the top, and the braiding made it easy to pull off individual chunks. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you knew that I would read this. I'm also glad that you really liked it (or lied very well =).

    ReplyDelete